Ten Mind Munchies from the GoalsGuy
by Gary Ryan Blair
- "A goal is created three times. First as a mental picture. Second, when written down to add clarity and dimension. And third, when you take action towards its achievement."
- "Focus creates a powerful force: goal power. The moment you focus on a goal, your goal becomes a magnet, pulling you and your resources toward it. The more focused your energies, the more power you generate. There is a seismic shift in performance that takes place when you move from decisiveness to focus. The shift is caused, enhanced, and accelerated by the intensity of your focus!"
- "If how you play or perform were all that mattered, then why do all sporting activities have some form of scoreboard? Keeping score and inspecting your progress is important, not only in determining the ultimate winner of a contest, but also as a measuring device by which a person, team or company can gauge itself against the competition."
- "Nothing of any lasting value was ever created by someone who was reasonable. It is the unreasonable people, those discontented with the status quo, the dreamers and visionaries who nevertheless have their feet planted firmly on solid ground who improve people's lives and advance society."
- "From eureka to achievement, the evolution of a goal begins in the mind and immediately takes shape when pen is put to paper. The goal progresses from thought to sketch, from sketch to action, and finally from action to achievement in real time. The achievement of a goal is an exemplary tale of power, purpose, and potential."
- "The essence of success is a narrow focus. You become stronger, your vision clearer, your resolve deeper when you reduce the scope of your options. You canít stand for something if you chase everything!"
- "Why you want to achieve a goal is more important than the goal itself. Before taking action on anything it is imperative that you ask yourself this key question: "Why do I want to achieve this goal?"
- "The success of your life is not measured by one extraordinary achievement but by the consistency by which you go about all matters. All of us are called upon to be leaders in business, the community or church."
- "The truth, will prevail, one way or another and usually sooner rather than later. It is better to face facts and reality at the planning phase, and to convince others to do the same. This is not for the sake of building character or maintaining mortality. It is a matter of survival. Whether or not you face it, truth will create consequences!"
- "There will never be a day that will not require dedication, discipline, good judgment, energy, and the feeling that you can improve. Each day offers an opportunity for improvement. Each moment an advance or retreat in the pursuit of your goals."
Gary Ryan Blair is President of The GoalsGuy. A visionary and gifted conceptual thinker, Gary is highly regarded as a speaker, consultant, strategic planner, and coach to leading companies throughout the globe.
Do you like what you've read?
Subscribe to Networking Times and receive a whole professional journal packed with
similar insightful and motivational articles. A subscription to Networking Times
includes the following benefits:
- a perfect-bound issue of Networking Times in the mail
- a FREE E-subscription: access to the latest online issue
- online access to the entire library of back issues since 2002