When you decide to live the life you really want, you will most likely not be in the habit of doing the things that will attract what you want. Instead, you will be in the habit of doing the things that will keep bringing you more of what you’ve already got. You’ve heard this before, but you may not know what’s stopping you from climbing to the highest ranks in your organization: It’s your paradigm.
All things being equal—a good product and a good company—network marketing is the most moral form of compensation in business today. There is no nepotism or games or favorites, you earn exactly what you are worth to your organization. It’s brilliant and extremely rare.
So what’s stopping you from living the life you love? Your paradigm is your problem. When you change your paradigm, you change your results. In order to live the life you love, you’ve got to change the paradigm that keeps you in the habit of doing things that bring more of the results you’ve got. Your paradigm is your only problem.
- Your paradigm is a multitude of habits and beliefs buried deep within your subconscious mind. You might not even recognize your own paradigms about working a non-traditional job. Consider this: When you are introduced to someone and they say they are self-employed, do you wonder if they really mean unemployed and less than motivated to work? How early in a conversation do you ask someone what he or she does for work? Unless you are feeling really good about your company and your product, you can’t possibly expect to succeed! You’ve got to change your paradigm!
- A good place to start changing your paradigm is to notice the habits of the people you admire and start to emulate them. The wealthy people of the world did not become wealthy by listening to the masses. If the masses knew how to become wealthy, they’d be wealthy. Wealthy people listen to their heart and mind. You must decide to stop asking your neighbor or relatives for financial advice when they are likely achieving the very results you want to change in your life. If you must follow somebody, follow somebody worth following. Find a good mentor or coach and do exactly what they tell you. Unsuccessful people do not often form this lifelong habit of studying personal development that most successful people swear by.
- The second habit you must form is the habit of acting on opportunity. You must form the habit of reaching decisions quickly and changing them slowly, if at all. Your paradigm will challenge you on this one, you’ll hear voices of doubt telling you “You’re not quite ready to do this!” or “What are people going to say?” but you must be ready to act when a great opportunity presents itself. Wealthy people of the world are always on the lookout for a new and lucrative opportunity. They understand that wealth is an ongoing process, it is not a destination you arrive at one day and stop. The wealthy and successful people of the world also know that money is only valuable when it is kept in circulation.
- That brings me to the third habit you must develop to change your paradigm about “nest eggs.” Most of us were taught throughout our childhood that the whole point of making money is to sock it away and build your nest egg. We were taught to think of this as a type of insurance against bad fortune, accidents, or old age. If you are like most people, you were raised to think that you had to work hard and save all the money you could. Wealthy people understand that wealth is an ongoing journey of growth and circulation, and if that circulation is stopped, the flow of money will cease. You need to figure out just how much you would like to earn to live the life you want and have a certain sized investment portfolio, and keep the money circulating.
- The final and perhaps most important habit you must develop if you want to achieve the life of your dreams is to be in front of a prospect before 9 AM. If you are a commissioned sales person and you are not with a prospect, you are unemployed. It doesn’t matter if you are in the habit of hugging a cup of coffee and catching up with social media friends until 10 AM—that was the old unsuccessful you. Begin now and form the new habit of being with a prospect by 9 AM. I know many people who have made millions in this business and I don’t know a single one who starts working at noon. When you really start to live the life of your dreams, you’ll jump out of bed, eager to get moving toward your goal!
There is a screaming demand today to close the gap between the haves and the have-nots. Network marketing shows you how to spend your days doing the things you truly love doing, live the life you really want, and, at the same time, how to earn the money you need to enjoy that life you love. You can have everything you want in life while making a positive contribution to the lives of countless others. Implement these easy suggestions into your life and you will be amazed by the speed at which your results begin to change. Make the decision to leave the have-nots and join the haves in the world. Life is better here and you have every right to join us. Successful people are eager to help others succeed.
Publisher of Networking Times, BOB PROCTOR is a world-renowned author, lecturer, counselor, business consultant, entrepreneur, and teacher preaching the gospel of positive thinking, self-motivation, and maximizing human potential.
Back to top